The Operations Manager will work in tandem with a team of Sales, Creative, Entertainment and Production Managers. This position serves directly under the Director of Operations and oversees the execution of all events, activities, transportation, planning, organizing of field staff, subcontractors and vendors. Duties include those listed below as well as any other responsibilities required directly by Director of Operations or Executive team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Operate Mid-Range to Larger Scale hospitality programs and special events.
- Supervise and oversee Operations Coordinators
- Prepare and review manifests, staff and book transportation for arrivals and departures, group activities, dine around or show tickets.
- Create and review event orders and schedule of events and confirm that all services and necessary preparations are in order.
- Direct, supervise and coordinate the activities of field staff, subcontractors and vendors as required to successfully execute the assigned events.
- Work closely with hotel catering and convention service managers, venue & restaurant contacts to ensure a successful program
- Effectively communicate information through written correspondence and oral communication with the client, hotel / venue contacts and internally.
- Attend pre-convention meetings with DBD salesperson.
- Accountable for all other aspects of programs and events set forth by the company’s operations service standards.
- Responsible for direction and management of part-time field staff to include uniforms, paperwork, applications, hiring, evaluation, merit increases and ensuring that the company’s operations service standards are being met or exceeded.
- In charge of approving and finalizing invoices, timesheets and all credit card back-up for charges relating to the operation of a program.
- Experience within the hospitality industry two years plus.
- Flexible Work Schedule – ability to work nights, weekends and holiday as necessary.
- Maintain a valid Nevada Driver’s License.
- Ability to work successfully and solve problems in a deadline-driven environment where multitasking is commonplace.
- Excellent interpret skills on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
- Extensive computer experience and knowledge which must include all Microsoft Office programs and QuickBooks.
- College Degree or Similar Work Experience
- Background and Drug Screening.
Submit your resume and information to email@example.com for consideration.