Entertainment Coordinator serves directly under the Vice President of Entertainment. Duties include the items listed below, as well as performing a variety of responsibilities required by the Entertainment Department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide all aspects of administrative assistance and operational support to all members of the Entertainment Team.
- Assist members of team with support and the ability to coordinate production based shows, entertainment based events, and small / large events within all departments of DBD.
- Prepares department for various meetings, agendas and process all paperwork for department events.
- Communicate and coordinate event specifics to internal / external staff to include: talent involvement, duty assignment and schedules, identification and coordination of logistical elements and additional requirements (i.e., securing props, costumes, transportation, etc.), and post-event reconciliation.
- Responsible for internal / external communication regarding event entertainment details and needs to hotel contacts, vendors, suppliers and/or staff
- Arrange travel and other event related activities, including expense reimbursements for internal departmental needs and/or talent.
- Organize small entertainment events to include trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Responsible for invoicing, timesheets and all credit card back-up for charges relating to the operation of a program.
- Manage special projects and additional duties as assigned by VP of Entertainment.
- Experience: minimum (3) years’ work experience in entertainment or background in the entertainment industry
- Education: degree or certificate in hospitality management and/or event planning strongly preferred
- Progressive administrative assistance experience; minimum of three years.
- Ability to deal with problem solving in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a heavy workload with competing priorities.
- Superior skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- High level of integrity and sensitivity to handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Has own transportation and can drive to surrounding hotels, resorts, venues and airport.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Efficient in Microsoft office suite, Google Drive, project management and event planning software, etc.
- Flexible, personable, self-starter, and extremely detail-oriented with the ability to interface with the creative community as well as all levels of staff
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work flexible hours; weekends, evenings, holidays.
- Ability to work within deadline constraints and set priorities
- Client focused
- Professional polished appearance
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license
- Must maintain a clean driving record, i.e., must remain insurable under our company’s liability insurance policy
- Must have a valid US Passport
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, holidays
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
Travel This position is frequently required to travel within the local destination market, in addition to various cities nationally. The following requirements apply:
- Ability to travel to program sites, greet clients, participate in multi-day events
- Ability to travel to program cities by vehicle or airplane
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle (personal, rental, or company)
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear
- The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, using them to handle, operate a computer, and reach
- Regularly required to stand and walk in this position
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
Submit your resume and information to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.